2014年2月5日星期三

Can I Eat Bean Curd If I Have Polycystic Kidney Disease(PKD)

Can I Eat Bean Curd If I Have Polycystic Kidney Disease(PKD)
Bean curd is rich in protein, with a very high daily nutritious value. However, as for patients who are suffering kidney disease, protein intake should be limited strictly. Especially for Polycystic Kidney Disease patients who are suffering from renal injury, less protein intake is required.
Specialists on Kidney Disease note that patients who suffer from Adult Polycystic Kidney Disease should take a low-protein diet with 0.6g protein per kilogram body weight every day.
Firstly, Bean curd can cause Renal Dysfunction easily. Normally, vegetable protein that human take can turn to nitrogenous waste after metabolism, and these wastes are excreted out of human body through kidneys. For this reason, though bean curd is beneficial, it is not suitable for human to eat it every day or eat it too much in one time.
Secondly, bean curd can lead to Indigestion easily. Bean curd contains rich protein. It can be harmful for iron absorption of patients if it is taken too much in one time. Besides, it can also easily cause protein indigestion and diarrhea as well as abdominal distension.
Thirdly, bean curd as well as bean curd production has higher protein content than bean. Besides eight kinds of necessary amino acid for human body, the proportion of which is also similar with human need, with a higher nutritious value. Though bean curd is nutritious, it still can be harmful to human body if it is taken too much.

没有评论:

发表评论